running programs as nonroot user

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Wed Oct 24 20:35:48 EDT 2001

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> How does one run a program from /etc/rc.d/rc.local as a normal user and not as root? Thanks.

What?  I think you are greatly mistaken.  rc.local is the last init script
that is to be run.  If you want things to happen on login you use your own
personal profile which in most cases would be ~username/.bash_profile.  If
you want it to take place on system wide logins it belongs in
/etc/profile.  But I still don't really understand your question.

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com