Lynux machine only

Jason unleet at qwest.net
Wed Oct 24 06:45:52 EDT 2001

with 10 GB, I'd just make all but the last 255MB one big ext2 partition
(newer versions of lilo get around the 1024 cylinder limit, btw) with the
last bit at the end set aside for swap.

bu personally I only bother with fancy partitioning when: a. setting up a
machine with multiple hard drives (like my own), or b. setting up a machine
that will be serving out shell accounts, or file sharing (in that case it's
nice to keep /home seperated so that your users can't mess the system up by
filling the root device as easily).