DSL Providors

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Mon Oct 22 07:15:49 EDT 2001

Hi all,

Your point is well taken, Amanda.  However I think I have solved the
security problems pretty well.  First, I have my Linux set so that
nobody can log in as root unless they have an account on my system and
they know the PW.  Second, I have Black Ice on the Windows side.  It
seems to be doing its thing.  Actually, if you run your DSL all the
time like I do, the same security problems present themselves.  third,
when I get a little money, I'm going to buy a router/hub that is going
to act as the link between my computers and the outside world.  You
must give any people you want on your system a login and PW on this
router,/hub, and nobody can get in otherwise.

Most of the problems come via Gates' Garbage folks who want to log
into your system.  Since Gates' garbage can't even *see* linux, most
of the intermediate threats to security are solved right then and
there.  Don' worry, we've got it all worked out.    I appreciate your
warnings, though.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons