DSL Providors

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Sun Oct 21 23:32:27 EDT 2001

Okay I know but it requires more work on the part of the user who
generally isn't even sophisticated enough to install a an anti-virus
program.  I have heard of Cable users really getting the ole hack job! and
not as often with DSL.  The other issue I have is that the load on the
network really doesn't provide the user with the speed that Cable
providers make claims of.

Also beware of providers who claim that a  telephone line is qualified
for DSL.  I've been going round and round with Verizon DSL and the Central
Office which serves the lines to my home.
I've been trying for over a year to get DSL and I live in a highly
populated area.  Although all indications are that I should be able to
obtain DSL on my telephone line, the communications between certain
organizations for Verizon, who is also my employer haha! are basically out
to lunch!  I can get a small discount but I'm more than fed-up!  If I find
that another provider can bring DSL to the twisted pair here, I'll be
shocked.  But you may, through no fault of your own, be told your
elligible when indeed your line is:

too far from the C.O.;
the line has load coils or other components or equipment which prevents
Broadband signals;
and anything else! imaginable to human kind.

Amanda