DSL Providors

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sun Oct 21 23:15:16 EDT 2001

Amanda.  Having cable, dsl, dialup, t1, isdn, etc is really about the
same really as far as security.  It's like a front door.  If you leave
the front door open you can expect anyone to walk in.  With internet
access regardless of type as long as you take steps to insure your
security you will be fine.  Windows users use zonealarm for 1 pc and
advanced firewall routers for other types of setups.  Linux users can
use ipchains along with utilities such as portsentry to monitor their
computers.  Cable or dsl isn't any more or less secure than anything
else really.  Some may argue this point but I've used both enough to
have been able to make this opinion.

Good luck.

Amanda Lee said the following on Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 10:47:29PM -0400:
> But what about the security issues of Cable vs. DSL???  I don't understand
> why you all who have far more knowledge of networks, etc., than I do,
> would ever recommend Cable???
>
> Amanda

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
We learned to talk...  Pink Floyd - The Division Bell