DSL Providors

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Oct 20 17:42:40 EDT 2001

Are they ardball about having an existing working phone line?  Reason I
ask is because if I don't find a local phone company other than
southwestern bell I may just live off my cell phone?  When I had
Earthlink/Mindspring.com dsl service late last year it was on a data
line that Covad installed completely seperate from my swbell line.
People who don't understand dsl will say that you have to have a working
dialtone in order to get dsl but it's not true.  So wonder if
speakeasy.net is that way.  I can alsways call and ask but wondered if
anyone knew.

Janina Sajka said the following on Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 05:13:40PM -0400:
> PS: The self-install was a breeze. I unpacked the box and never worried
> about reading any slip of paper. I already knew my ip, dns, and gateway
> because I got them in email. So, I just hooked up the cables and restarted
> networking. What plug was what was very self-evident. Bingo, I had a
> connection. Piece of cake..
>

> --

--- Raul A. Gallegos mailto:raul at asmodean.net http://www.asmodean.net
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
We learned to talk...  Pink Floyd - The Division Bell