DSL Providors

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Sat Oct 20 16:51:34 EDT 2001

Rodney Clowdus said the following on Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 02:54:32PM -0500:
> dial up connection.  When I used to live in a small town USA near the
> telephone company I got 56k speed.  I'm wondering if dial up connection
> speeds have gone up over the last year or so.  When the realtor mentioned

Actually what you probably got was 53.3 kbps speed.  There is an FCC
regulation although I can't remember which that only allows modem speeds
on dialup analog lines to be as fast as 53.3 kbps.

--- Raul A. Gallegos mailto:raul at asmodean.net http://www.asmodean.net
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals..  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination...
We learned to talk...  Pink Floyd - The Division Bell