help requested for speakup1.0

djc djc2 at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 19 11:17:59 EDT 2001

Last night we tried to install speakup1.0 and following the read me we
couldn't get it to install. I'm running RedHat7.1.  have the older speakup
running fine but I'd like to update it. We moved the tarball ok and we just
couldn't get it to find the directories it needed. My friend was assisting
me and he was using xwindows. I did download the speakup.tar.gz from the
speakup site. Is that the only file I need? I did see a speakup
configuration file but I didn't think I should have downloaded that one so
I didn't. I also would like to know if it's to my advantage to update
RedHat to 7.2. That is going to be an extremely long download and before I
do that I'd appreciate thoughts. My RedHat is running fine but I've always
felt that it's important to keep up to date with changes. Thanks for any
assistance.

		     Msn or mailto:djc2 at pacbell.net

     I C Q Number is: 4781694

     Join Me On Testpattern Radio on Saturday Evenings.

     http://www.thetestpattern.com for the Schedule and Information.