setting the system clock.

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Oct 17 08:55:02 EDT 2001

I have a neet little shellscript I put together using the net date
utility. Let me include it here.
----- beginning of file -----
#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/netdate clock.psu.edu
if [ "$?" = "0" ]; then
    clock -w
    echo CMOS clock has been set.
fi

----- end of file -----
The clock -w command is the deal that permenantly updates your hardware
clock. There might be a way to manually set it all with the date command
but not sure. Look at the man pages for the above commands. I run this
shell script every day in a crontab and my clock is solid now.