watch for heresay

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Oct 15 04:35:54 EDT 2001

Hello.  I clearly stated that I had never used Red Hat before so had no
experience whatsoever.  Therefore, your comments were unnecessarily harsh.
However, I have read a few FAQs and the like.  Take those for dhcp, for
example.  Yes it can be done with Red Hat but it looks like it is more
complicated if I can read it correctly.  I got working dhcp support right
out of the box with Slackware and got absolutely nowhere with Debian.  In
that howto, it was more or less stated to click on this or that from
within the config tool, so it seems obvious to me that it would be a
graphical config tool.  I have read similar with the rpm tool but I have
looked at a console version.  It seemed confusing so I avoid rpm packages
when I can.  Besides, it is probably better to compile the source rather
than using precompiled binaries in most cases.