REDHAT CONFIG TOOLS

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Mon Oct 15 04:03:59 EDT 2001

Hi, there is quite a few of them, and they work pretty good with speech.
First, off there is linuxconf.This tool is really the master tool for Red
Hat. You can config ppp, add users,  setup networking and other things with
it.
There is sndconfig. This is a tool to help you setup sound under Red Hat. It
usually works pretty good of loading the correct module.
Xconfigurator and xf86config help you setup x-windows if you want it.It's
nice to have it setup in case a family member or buddy wants to come over
and work on your system, and like many sighted users doesn't know much about
working at the shell level.
There is wvdialconf. This tool helps you config wvdial which is a real quick
and easy way to get a ppp connection going if you have troubles with
linuxconf.
That should give you a good head start on getting your Red Hat box going.