watch for heresay

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Sun Oct 14 10:37:15 EDT 2001

Just a couple of comments here. I used both Slackware 8, and Red Hat, and
played some with Mandrake as well.
As stated earlier linuxconf is a good tool. I like it myself, and the person
who stated that the config tools don't work with speech is wrong.
linuxconf, wvdialconf, sndconfig, and plenty of other config tools under Red
Hat work fine with Speakup.
As for Mandrake getting it setup was a breeze for me, but you will require a
little sighted help resetting the run level from 5 to 3, and probably want
to terminal in until you get the kernel patched with speakup.
However, that said Mandrake wasn't as easy to get going with speech as
Slackware, Red Hat, or the other major distributions.