which linux to go for

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Thu Oct 11 08:02:07 EDT 2001

hi daniel. instead of me trying to tell you which distro to try over
another, I would suggest you consider what you want to do with it.
as far as I can make out, debian and slackware are geared towards software
developers and those who want to run servers.
as far as redhat or mandrake is concerned, if I were to look at it from a
sutes users point of view, I would say that those 2 distros are designed
with ease of use in mind. however, running a server with those distros
isn't uncommon either.
I probably sound like I'm talking a wholo load of rubish at the moment and
someone please pick me up on this if I am.
I'd just read on a little while and look around on the various sites and
consider what you want from your linux system.

--

Shaun

I never made a mistake in my life.
I thought I did once, but I was wrong.