trplayer and audio permissions

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Oct 10 12:41:37 EDT 2001

Well, looking at the permissions in the RealPlayer8 directory revealed a
couple interesting items. I notice that there are no write permissions
offered to any user level and when I copied them in, they still had my
personal user ownership. Doubt that had much to do with it but I changed
the owner:group to root:root just like the rest of the stuff in
/usr/lib:). At this point, don't know if I should give write permission to
the owner part; can't hurt I suppose.

Now I would think a permission problem with libraries would have also
shown itself while root was running the program as well since the program
ran in silence. I should also add that during the silence treatment,
pressing the s key in trplayer showed that the track was indeed playing
and time was accumulating like normal. Thus I would think the libraries
were being found ok.