Trplayer?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Oct 9 08:48:04 EDT 2001

I guess I'm missing something here. People mention dropping in another
package and like magic, they can use trplayer. Well, I can't even be sure
which package I should have downloaded. I found several things on the
speakup ftp site and the one I thought to be right was
RealPlayer-libs-8.tar.gz. Well that thing doesn't say a bloody thing about
how/where to install which components. The README tells me nothing. Some
other .TGZ files on speakup site were rp7 something but I don't know the
meaning of the names on them so not sure what part they play. I did find a
rp8.bin but now that's a single binary file, I guess. Not sure where that
will get me either.

What might I be missing? I really didn't think Real Audio was that
difficult to implement.