Speakup Configurator

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Oct 8 11:43:20 EDT 2001

I think what I'm gonna do is try and accomodate Speakout and Doubletalk
first. This will enable me to get the program to save valid parameter
features and ranges for each synthesiser so that the proper features and
ranges can be made available automatically depending on which synthesiser
is currently being used. Once this is accomplished, I should be able to
add other synthesisers in the future with much less fuss. Right now, I
hard coded things thinking of one box and well I got painted into a corner
real fast! Gee, thought my programming skills could have helped me avoid
that trap:).

One general question I would like to ask of all synthesiser users though,
What about parameters that allow for a hundred or more choices? I'm
thinking of a range of 00 to 99 or something like that. With my current
design, one could end up having to press up or down arrow a hundred times
to make the complete loop. Would it be necessary to stop at every point or
would it be acceptable to say, skip every ten values to scale our keyboard
approach to having ten choices instead of a hundred.

Whad do you all think?