serial port output

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sat Oct 6 19:14:24 EDT 2001

> If this were possible, we would not have had the problems we as a
> community have had with Windows installations. The only thing I know of
> which even comes close is that it is possible to install Windows from a
> script, much like a linux kickstart script. But, if one is to try that,
> one had best have all the answers in the correct order and correctly
> specified. This is not an easy task--though people have done it. I believe
> there is a script somewhere on the Win CDR, but I don't recall what it's
> called.

Actually it is quite easy to install winblows with a file to provide all
the answers. You can install windows with absolutely no prompts beyond the
initial command. The instructions are in the resource kit. This is
convienently placed on the distribution CD, along with a sample file. I
believe in win98 it creates a file for you when you run installation
anyway. You will also find that this file has already been created in
almost every oem installation right along with the cab files.

It may be tedious, but it really isn't hard.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush