Perl Self-Study

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Oct 4 13:49:27 EDT 2001

No argument there. Still, in the sceme of things where a hardbound book is
now often $30, I don't find the cost that prohibitive. But, I do take your
point. If you don't have it, don't squander. Instead, encourage your
public library to get it for you! <grin>

 On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Watson, Keith
wrote:

> Seems a little expensive to me. Minimum $120 bucks a year for something that
> I can't download to my local system. Looks good for those who can get their
> companies to foot the bill, but for those of use on fixed incomes, ASCII
> still looks good. Besides, as I was so pointable reminded the other day,
> Grep is your friend. While we're on the subject that is.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp