typing ascii chars above 127 with speakup

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 4 13:24:40 EDT 2001

The characters file is exactly what I want, but unless I write a c program
to append eachchar to the file I am working on I can't figure out how to
type them. The suggestion about LC_TYPE sent me searching for this
variable in my environment and it wasn't there. I did find LC_ALL, but
changing it and creating the LC_TYPE variable and setting them to
iso8859-1 didn't fix it either. Maybe I will just go use someone else's
computer to type this stuff. grin Sorry for so many messages, but this
list has been my best resource in getting things working. Thanks all!