Bringing the Ethernet Interface Down for a While

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Thu Oct 4 08:55:58 EDT 2001

Why you would want to do this is beyond me.  Hell you could join kirk's
seti group!  Anyway the reason is you need to add the default route after
bringing the interface up.

If you are doing this because you are worried about security I suggest you
get yourself a firewall.  Bringing the interface down for a time only
helps during those times obviously.

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568