(no subject)

Whitley GS11 Cecil H WhitleyCH at cherrypoint.usmc.mil
Wed Oct 3 14:01:34 EDT 2001

Hi,
Where do you find the kernel source rpms for redhat 7.1?  I tried
kernel-2.4.3-12.src.rpm
But it put files in
/usr/src/redhat/sources
But nothing in /usr/src/linux-2.4 where it is "supposed" to be.  What
file(s) should I be installing?

While i'm writing, I have another general linux question...  Module
parameters, where do they go?  modules.conf???  There are entries like:
alias eth0 eepro100
Which is the right module, can I modify that line like:
alias eth0 epro100 set_speed_mode=4
where set_speed_mode=4 is the parameter (from the docs), would this load
that module with that parameter set?  I have tried man pages, etc but it's
all clear as mud right now.
Cecil