New Kernel Survival Strategies

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue Oct 2 13:17:57 EDT 2001

Hi, Tim:

Best avenue back to your broken linux system may well be a speakup enabled
floppy that can take you into rescue mode. You could do this with the
Redhat installation boot floppies on Bill's site, for example:

vmlinuz -s speakup_synth=ltlk

or perhaps:

vmlinuz rescue speakup_synth=dectlk

Obviously, you would specify the correct synth you have.

If you can get the machine up this way, your lilo.conf can be fixed.