console apps

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Oct 2 00:37:29 EDT 2001

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Janina Sajka wrote:
> ..... And, once installed, it's still only
> a PC Console application which won't run any differently than the PC
> Console executables in the ssh.com package. At least, the ssh.com package
> goes both ways--command line and gui.

Well, now I have to say that I fail to understand. I mean really, what
does a gui add to ssh? And along those lines, I will say (quite
emphatically) that I much prefer the console telnet in WinNT over the gui
applet in win9x. The console is better hands down every time. The only
possible benefit I can see to the gui is that you don't have to type in
the connection info every time.

Given that you are essentially working at a console in the app, I just
don't understand why a console app to do this is any big deal. I can
understand the value of gui with ftp though.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush