slackware 8.0 and ppp

rturner2 at texasisp.com rturner2 at texasisp.com
Wed Nov 28 07:35:47 EST 2001

hi greg,

when i run ppp-go
i get an error in the pppd program.
"operation not permitted"
"this system lacks kernel support"

i even did a modprobe and loaded the ppp module
and it still will not run pppd
some where they talk about a newer module,
ppp_generic i don't seem to have that one.
i compiled the kernel with ppp and all of the other stuff
to run pppd in 7.1 and still get that error.
i also chose to install ppp in the setup,
it might help if i could find out witch modules to load for pppd??
thanks in advance
randy