Cable Modem

David Poehlman poehlman1 at home.com
Mon Nov 19 16:10:02 EST 2001

amanda,
go to:
http://home.excite.com
using that terrible gui and log into member services.  go to support and
you will be able to get all the static info you need such as your ip
address, subnet mask and everything.  They say they change it but I've
been with them for over a year and it has remained the same.  I disabled
dhcp for other reasons.  I'm sure though that there is a way to deal
with dhcp in linux.