Making progress

Glenn Ervin gervin at kdsi.net
Mon Nov 19 00:14:42 EST 2001

Hello group,
I downloaded zipslack.zip.
I have a removable drive D:, and I unzipped it into that drive.
I have downloaded many speakup files and I have put them into the d:\linux
directory.
This harddrive is a little over 200MB.
I am using a DECtalk express on Comm1.
I also edited the linux.bat file to have one of the lines to read:
d:\linux\loadlin
I rebooted into DOS and ran linux.bat and it ran for a few seconds, and it
may have been ready to work, but I could not know what was on the screen.
Question:
How do I tell it to recognize the DECtalk on Com1?
I hope I do not have to use sighted assistance to get this going.
I look forward to any input.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
O. Glenn Ervin-- (Lenny) N0YJV