real player and gold pass

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sat Nov 17 00:03:46 EST 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, randy turner wrote:
> that works with there gold pass service has to have
> a serial number in there program,
> well because we use linux that cuts us out!

Sorry, this doesn't follow. Just because you use linux doesn't mean they
couldn't put a serial number in there. They may have not bothered with
this functionality. I would suggest that if you are interested, you
contact Real Networks and express that interest. They exist for one
reason: to make money. If the cost of modification of the linux client
will pay off with enough subscribers they will probably follow that money.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush