socrates 0.00 is in cvs

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Nov 14 11:52:57 EST 2001

Hey, Kirk, dare I say awesome?

OK, I know it's not a done app, but I still think congradulations are in
order. This is an important milestone.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Kirk Reiser wrote:

> Hi Folks:  Well, I have checked in socrates 0.00 into cvs.  Socrates
> is an interface for doing optical character recognition.  If you wish
> to play with it you will also need to have sane/libsane-dev installed
> and the cvs version of gocr.
>
> This is just the initial release for people that want to help debug
> and work on the code.  It is usable but does not give very high
> quality results.  Hey! You have to start somewhere.
>
> For those interested you can find it with cvs at
> -d:pserver:anonymous at bumpy.braille.uwo.ca:/usr/src/CVS checkout
> socrates.  The password as usual is 'please'.
>
> If anyone needs help getting the required packages installed and
> running you will have to drop by the reflector.
>
>   Kirk

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp