Linux and High speed accessability

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Nov 13 23:52:48 EST 2001

First, there is no reason to think you can't do wireless with
Linux. Though I haven't looked, I would find it hard to believe there are
no Linux drivers for any of the 802.11 cards on the market. There are many
products out there including Linksys (who have linux drivers for most of
their cards). Your hub need not be the same manufacturer. Cost would be
arround $150 for the access point and $100 per machine.

This doesn't mean you couldn't have several computers grouped togethre
near each other. There are four in my house all in the same room sharing
internet connection.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush