High speed internet Accessability

Michael michael.ryan at nf.sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 13 15:20:35 EST 2001

Unfortunately, DSL is not available in my area.  I don't think that the
provider who has DSL monopolized here in my province of Newfoundland Canada,
 is not planning expansion any time soon but get this,the Company
the company has applied for a $5.00 per month rate increase on its phone
service!   It would make you thro up what you never ate!
 because they own the backbone, I doubt they would allow competitors.
 Most likely they're going to receive a royalty from the cable companies
any way. On the other hand, That might change now that Cable high speed is
available in there dialup service area.
The DSL provider will certainly loose a big chunk of there dialup customers
so maybe, just maybe, they might do something.  I'm not waiting,
I'm jumping over to cable in a couple of weeks.  Even if the DSL
monopolizer, which hasn't been to kind and supportive to its rural dialup
customers,
all of a sudden decides to make plans to launch DSL in the spring,
I won't be jumping back .  Screw them! LOL <evil grin>

Michael