ot, networking a scanner

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Nov 9 15:02:47 EST 2001

Well, in many ways this can be quite easy. Scan the image and save it so a
file in a SAMBA available directory. But if you are wanting to actually
control the scaner I would look at freshmeat.net to see what is found
there. Good luck, I doubt it.

If you really want a networked scanner I expect you would need to buy
one. But for the life of me, I don't understand how this would be useful
beyond the solution of saving a file on a network available location,
unless you happen to have a sheet fed scanner and were scanning a document
of multiple pages.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush