Setting punctuation.

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Tue Nov 6 12:04:23 EST 2001

I'm surprised the rate thing didn't work for you but for punct_level, try 3.
For me, 3 set punct_level to "all" and I get all punctuation marks spoken. I
use a speakout with Speakup 1.00.

I think punct_all would currently contain all the characters to be include -
not positive though. What kind of synthesizer are you using? That might make
a difference on what to pass to the rate / pitch / volume parameters.