More on 2.4.13

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Nov 4 01:40:30 EST 2001

One thing I notice for sure while configuring the 2.4.13 with "make
oldconfig" I got prompted for the speakup parameters though the .config
file I was using already contained these options. Not sure exactly which
version of the kernel that might have started with, but is definitely the
case with speakup 1.00 patched to a fresh 2.4.13 kernel source tree. I
thought if the options exist in .config before the make oldconfig they
would be skipped over by the process. All other options were automatically
accepted but not the speakup ones.  Is it supposed to be that way?