ps conversion tools?

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Thu Nov 1 22:39:27 EST 2001

Hi, list. I have a number of documents in ps and pdf format. I was wondering
if there are any good Linux tools I can use to turn them into a text file so
I can read them under Linux so I don't have to depend on that piece of junk
Acrobat Reader for Windows. I hate acrobat, and I am sure everyone on this
list feels the same way. It's a pain where a pill won't reach.
So if anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks.

PS
Please give some brief discription of the command on how this conversion is
achieved.