Help the Floundering Newbie!

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed May 23 16:17:37 EDT 2001

On Tue, 22 May 2001, rjc wrote:

> To accomplish my goal, I need to find a comfortable way of working in linux.
> The choices that I have are: remote login from PC with Jaws, local login and
> run emacspeak with dectalk on the serial port, local login to a kernel with
> SpeakUp compiled into it and dectalk on the serial port.

Why not remote login from a PC running speakup?  I must say that this would
be my approach.  But then again, I'm used to using speech and the shell.
If you have a braille display, you might want to check out brltty and see
if your display is supported.  I don't personally see much need for such
things as file browsers and the like, since I find "ls" tells me more than
I want to know already.  But I guess you could always fire up midnight
commander or something like that if you really want to.

Geoff.