samba problem.

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Tue May 22 10:26:18 EDT 2001

Hello,
	The first thing I notice is your workgroup line. Are both machines in
the same workgroup and are there ip's both in the same subnet?
	Have you created the necessary unix/samba users on the unix box? Can you
log in to the unix box using smbclient with your username? If not check
that one first.
	Dave.

On Tue, 22 May 2001 21:06:14 +1000 (EST) Shaun Oliver
<shauno at goanna.net.au> writes:
> Hi guys.
> I've tryed to set up samba to share files between my win200 and
> linux
> machines.
> I've attached a copy of my /etc/smb.conf for you to look over. My
> problem
> is, I can't mount the other machine even after installing the smbfs
> module
> and I can't see this machine from the other 1.
> Am I doing something wrong?
>

> Shaun..
> "Has anyone ever tasted an "END"? Are they really bitter?"
> EMAIL: shauno at goanna.net.au ICQ: 76958435
> YAHOO ID: blindman01_2000 IRC NICK/SERVER: |3|1ndm4n on
> #aussiefriends on
> www.jong.com:6667

Visit my web site at:
http://www.davemehler.com