Do you know if kernel 2.4.x includes UDF module

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun May 20 17:02:46 EDT 2001

On Sun, 20 May 2001, Victor Tsaran wrote:
> No, UDF is actually RW. Under MS-Windows we can use such software as
> Adaptive's Direct CD which allows for reading/writing under UDF.
> How can we then use CDRW's under Linux?

Actually, this is *not* UDF. It is cludge work arround for Joliet
extension to ISO9660 file system. (UDF is used on DVD not CD.) Also, you
can't overwrite anything unless you format the entire disk. What happens
when you put down a new file is the table of contents point to the new
version while the old version remains there. The process of writting at
will is known as packet writting and I don't know if Linux has such
software.

As for using CDRW under linux, there is an option in cdrecord to format
the disk before writting. This will erase the previous sesions and restart
the disk fresh.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.