speakup/install failed

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu May 17 18:05:50 EDT 2001

Yes, absolutely. And, you can have your Express talk you through the
install. It's been speech enabled except for the very first prompt where
you need to tell speakup what synth you're using.

Here's how to get this part right:

Monitor your floppy as it starts booting just after the little system
beep which indicates the end of the bios part of the boot process. After
a very short time spinning, the floppy will pause. This is your prompt
to enter:

	text speakup_synth=dectlk

Notice that synth is spelled s y n t h and notice that dectlk is the
speakup keyword that signifies the Dec-Talk Express. There are other
keywords for other synths.

Enjoy!