software speech for speakup

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu May 17 17:19:21 EDT 2001

Absolutely agree. I never use software speech at my desk--or in my hotel
room, for that matter. It's not the ideal by any means. It just meets
certain needs very effectively. So, I have never seen this as an
either/or situation. Rather, a major segment of functionality is missing
from speakup. I say this knowing the fundamental issues involved in
putting software speech into speakup--but that doesn't change the fact
that a major use segment is missing.