software speech for speakup

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Thu May 17 09:31:33 EDT 2001

Well, an interesting point my man.
I agree that windows2000 has a far from perfect speech accessable
interface. What can I say? It's done using the microstuffed agent
character merlin and the sam engine of the ms tts engine. man my mIRC
client uses the learnout&hauspie true voice tts and I think it shits all
over the microstuffed tts engine. but that's getting off the track.
As for your point about sysadmins wanting to do the remote thing I will
also conceed that software speech would be a great workaround. if I knew a
little more about programming than I currently do, I'd have a go at it
myself. Who knows? I'd probably make a good go of it.

Shaun..
"Has anyone ever tasted an "END"? Are they really bitter?"
EMAIL: shauno at goanna.net.au ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO ID: blindman01_2000 IRC NICK/SERVER: |3|1ndm4n on #aussiefriends on
www.jong.com:6667