Speakup and Artic Transport?

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Thu May 17 01:49:56 EDT 2001

I'm currently using the transport on one of my systems and I've
experienced the same things you describe below.  One thing that I do to
insure detection of the transport all the time is add the line
speakup_ser=0 to force com1 on the box.  Another problem I have is that if
you do an ls -l the transport will not read the -r-x--x--x permissions
rather it will read dash dash dash and the same goes for any output with
dashes.  So reading man pages that tell you the dash paramters is rather
annoying.

Other than that it's pretty responsive using the transport driver instead
of the accent one.

Raul A. Gallegos
Email: raul at asmodean.net	icq#: 5283055
msn: ragallegos at hotmail.com	aim: raulagallegos