can't mount files on loopback device

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Wed May 16 15:09:48 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I took color.gz, put it in /color.gz, ran gunzip on it, and got the larger color file. When I try "mount -o loop /color /mnt", my system freezes. However, when I boot into zipspeak on a zipdisk, and do the same thing with the same file, it mounts, and I can access it under /mnt. I've got the loopback device (I'm not referring to the network one either) compiled in to my kernel. In addition, I compiled in ramdisk support, and initial ramdisk support
(even though I didn't  think I needed that to get this to work). What am I missing? Thanks.
Greg