compiling lynx

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sun May 13 06:44:06 EDT 2001

Hi Randy -
I was able to compile Lynx 2.8.2 with SSL okay, but I had the same problem
you described when I tried compiling 2.8.3. I went back to my 2.8.2
version, but would be very interested in the solution to this one.
Chuck

On Sat, 12 May 2001, randy turner wrote:

> hi all
> i would like to report that installing my 56k modem went very well.
>
> is there anyone here who has compiled lynx with the ssl?
> or better yet can i just get a lynx bin somewhere  with the ssl compiled?
> i tried compiling lynx but i got errors,
> i assume that i don't have a lib installed,
> or some path is not right.
> i am running slackware 7.1
>
> thanks for the help in advance.
> randy

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
	Two parent drops spent months teaching their son how to be part of the
ocean.  After months of training, the father drop commented to the mother drop,
"We've taught our boy everything we know, he's fit to be tide."
	After Snow White used a couple rolls of film taking pictures of the
seven dwarfs, she mailed the roll to be developed.  Later she was heard to
sing, "Some day my prints will come."
	A boy spent years collecting postage stamps.  The girl next door bought
an album too, and started her own collection.  "Dad, she buys everything I've
bought, and it's taken all the fun out of it for me.  I'm quitting."  Don't,
son, remember, 'Imitation is the sincerest form of philately.'"
	A young girl, Carmen Cohen, was called by her last name by her father,
and her first name by her mother.  By the time she was ten, didn't know if she
was Carmen or Cohen.
	Against his wishes, a math teacher's classroom was remodeled.  Ever
since, he's been talking about the good old dais.  His students planted a small
orchard in his honor, the trees all have square roots.