Speakup and Artic Transport?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at mediaone.net
Sat May 12 13:12:46 EDT 2001

Hello,
Just wondering what others have experienced when attempting to use an Artic
Transport with speakup?  In order to make this synthesizer work, there are
two options:
The accent sa enabled kernels work nicely; However the speech quality is
lacking.
With the transport enabled kernels, speech quality is better; However, the
synthesizer is not detected with any consistency at all.  When I run a
transport boot disk, I sometimes need to reboot two or three times before
the transport will initialize.
i have experienced this behavior with both Slackware and RedHat boot disks.

If given a choice, I would rather use the transport driver; However at
present, it makes more sense to use the one for the Accent SA.  Is there
anything I can do at this end to improve the situation, or is this an issue
with the Transport driver itself?

Thanks for any info.

--Al