Multiple Network Cards

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri May 11 13:13:47 EDT 2001

I know, this is more generic than speakup, but I'm wanting to hook up two
network cards to one of my linux boxes.  Using one to connect to a
broadband modem and the other for my inside local area network.

I don't invision real problems configuring the two separate interfaces
(eth0 and eth1) but do wonder about putting two similar network cards on
the same bus.  I'm thinking about IRQ conflicts, I/O base addresses and
all that good stuff.  This is not a plug and pray setup, but the cards are
"jumperless" where I would configure them from a provided DOS utility.

Have any of you brains out there done this? how did it go for you?  Will
there really be any problems configuring separate cards in the same
machine like this?  I would think this would be a trivial matter for any
machine that works as a gateway or router.

Thanks for any help.