2.4.4 Kernel

William Stianche wstianch at orca.st.usm.edu
Tue May 8 14:25:48 EDT 2001

Hello All,

Here is my problem I hope someone can help.
I am attempting to patch kernel version 2.4.4 I have the kernel source
in /usr/src/linux-2.4.4 with a symlink named linux pointing to it. I
have the speakup install stuff in /usr/src/speakup-0.10a.  I cd into the
speakup directory. su to root. and run bash2 after that I run ./install
in the speakup directory.  and this is what happens.

[root at stingray speakup-0.10a]# ./install
Patching version v24
Creating .orig files
[./install: [: ==: binary operator expected (this gets repeated 24
times)
] done.
Patching files [p./install: ${writeloc//^/\/}: bad substitution
] done.
Copying files [c./install: ${writeloc//^/\/}: bad substitution
] done.

Any ideas on what the problem is. I have a clean source tree because I
downloaded it from kernel.org and have done nothing to it other than
this.

Thank you,
William