SLACKWARE BOOT DISKS

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri May 4 08:18:44 EDT 2001

On Fri, 4 May 2001 mo.valli at bt.com wrote:
> Have you tried using rawrite.exe (the one that runs in a DOS box)?
> ** I've tried it, but gave up because I kept getting the error "detected bad
> sector: 01". Since then, I've learnt that this is normal?

This is the root of the problem. Chances are that the other program is
just not reporting the error. Bad sectors are *not* normal. For that
matter, no error message should be "normal." Those in the IS industry who
have learned to ignore errors as normal need to unlearn this. It might not
be fatal, but it isn't intended as normal.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nothing is hard if you know the answer or are used to doing it.