Vpn and ssh.

Tommy Moore stp at odysseus.yi.org
Thu May 3 22:47:21 EDT 2001

Hi guys. I'm trying to setup a vpn between two boxes and for some
reason I can't get ssh to let me do the authorization with the root
account with using keys.
Even when I put my public host key in the authorized_keys list in .ssh
of root's home directory it still doesn't let me in.
If I transfer my user account key to the same machine and try it it
does work. I don't get it. I have the root login option turned on.
Anyone know why this won't work? Red Hat 7.1 on both client and server
with default /etc/ssh/sshd_cofnig files on both.