insmod pctel.o

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sat Mar 31 16:31:42 EST 2001

Hi all,

I managed to get my modem module pctel.o compiled.  Then, I did some searching on the net.  I found instructions for getting the module to work by someone who claimed that he successfully got the pctel hsp 56 K PCI modem to work under Linux.  His instructions say to put pctel.o in to '/lib/modules/net/pctel.o'.  I did that, then changed in to the just mentioned directory, and did 'insmod pctel.o'.  I then got some unresolved symbols.  I tried to reroute the output from insmod into a file to send to the list, but for some reason the output was displayed and the output file was created, but it was blank.  Could someone please tell me how to resolve symbols in the kernel? If it would help to see the output of insmod, then could someone please tell me how to reroute the output properly? I did 'insmod pctel.o >errors.txt' to reroute the output.  Thanks for any help in advance.
Greg