speakout/direct and control codes

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Mar 31 01:40:25 EST 2001

Yes, I was using echo commands.  I thought the backslash was the escape
code needed; didn't know another one was needed.  I just went over and
tried it with \\x05... and it does seem to work as advertised.  However,
\\005 did not.  Perhaps I'm missing something when it comes to escaping
values with the bash shell.  The speakout has some neat features and I
think it will be fun to write some perl scripts or something to use these
features.  It is a kind of take back to the DOS days when we could echo
whatever we wanted to the synthesiser.

Sorry for the false alarm, Jim and Kirt.